- 750 g Pork belly
- 150 g Lotus
- 80 g Water
- 2 g salt
- 25 g dark soy sauce
- 25 g light soy sauce
- 15 g cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water starch
- 10 g ginger
- 10 g spring onion
- 6 tablespoon Peanut oil
- One anise
- One egg white
- A little Chinese cinnamon
- Separate the fat from the lean meat. Cut them into small pieces.
- Chop the fat and lean meat into smaller pieces. And then chop the ginger and spring onion into small pieces as well.
- Peel the lotus root, remove and discard the knobby ends. And cut it into slices. Mince the lotus root with your knife blade.
- Put the fat and lean pork, ginger, spring onion and lotus root into a bowl. Then add 10 g dark soy sauce, 15 g light soy sauce, 15 g cornstarch and one egg white. Stirring while adding water.
- After they are well-mixed, then start to make meat ball.
- Add 6 tablespoon peanut oil in the wok and turn the stove to a high temperature. Add the meatballs one by one. Fry then until their surface becomes slightly yellow. Then take them out and put them in a plate.
- Pour the oil out of the wok but leave little oil in the wok. Add ginger, spring onion (Not being chopped), Chinese cinnamon and anise. Stir them until fragrant.
- Add the meatball in the wok again. You should also add 10 g dark soy sauce, 10 g light soy sauce and water. Check the picture below. And turn the stove to a low temperature and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take all the meatballs from the wok. Add water starch in the wok for making the sauce.
- At last, pour the sauce over the meatballs.