- Half a chicken (old hen)
- 7 g salt
- 600 g water
- First we need to prepare chicken meat, in this time, we only use old hen for this dish.
- Wash raw chicken before cooking it and dry up with kitchen towel.
- Prepare 2 g fine salt. Sprinkle the salt on the chicken, rubbing it with your fingers over all its skin and into its cavity.
- Don’t sprinkle any salt on the chicken meat, only on its skin.
- When you finish the last step, put the chicken into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, get the chicken out of the fridge and cut it into small pieces. (if you don’t want to cut, that’s ok as well.)
- Put the chicken into a casserole and add 600 g water.
- Cover the casserole with a tight-fitting lid. Put the casserole into a bigger saucepan and add some water into the saucepan. Turn the stove to a medium-high temperature. Steam for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add 5 g salt into the casserole. Then cover with the lid, and turn the stove to a medium temperature, steam another 20 minutes. After that, serve hot.