- Half a Chicken
- 5 piece scallion
- 1 tablespoon peanuts oil
- 1 piece ginger
- 5 g salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 g white sugar
- Appropriate amount of water
- Appropriate amount of Ice cubes
- First we need to wash raw chicken before cooking it. If there are 2 more people, you can prepare one chicken.
- Prepare a basin of water and ice cubes.
- Pour appropriate amount of clean water into a pot and then add ginger and scallion
- Make the left ginger, garlic and scallion into something like the 4th pictures below.
- Add salt and white sugar to the mixture of garlic, ginger and scallion. Then pour hot oil to the mixture and mixing evenly.
- Boil the water you prepared in step 3, boiling join chicken behind.
- When the chicken is tightened by the boiling water, take it out of the pot and put it into the ice water you prepared in step 2.
- Flip the chicken and make sure it is fully covered with the ice water.
- Then after 2~3 minutes, put the chicken into the pot again.
- Take the chicken out of the pot again and put it into the ice water. Repeat this step 3 times until the chicken is cooked.
- After the chicken is cooked, cut the chicken into pieces and serve immediately. You can dip the sauce you made in step 5. Or you dip light soy sauce or vinegar if you like.
Tips & Tricks
1. If you’re not in a hurry to eat, you can keep it in the fridge for 20 minutes. When the chicken is cooled, it tastes better.
2. Actually, plain boiled chicken is not easy to cook. Don’t use the high fire when boil the chicken. And don’t place the chicken in the ice water for too long.