- 1000 grams catfish
- 100 grams Chinese Sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoon cooking wine
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions
- 15 grams dry red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 ginger
- 15 grams Chinese prickly ash
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoon peanut oil
- To slice catfish, tilt the knife so it’s 45 degrees against the cutting board. Slice fish in a sawing motion along the grain into 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) thick slices. Gather all sliced fish meat into a bowl and add salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, few chopped ginger and cooking wine. Mix them evenly.
- Cut the green onion, garlic, dry red pepper into small sections. And slice the ginger.
- Cut the Chinese Sauerkraut into medium sections.
- Add penut oil in the wok and turn the stove to a high temperature. When the oil is medium hot, add green onion, garlic, ginger, dry red pepper and Chinese prickly ash. Stir them until fragrant.
- Add Chinese Sauerkraut and stir for about 7 minutes. Use medium heat.
- Add some water cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Put the fish head in the wok first. Use high heat until the water is boiling. Keep cooking for about 10 minutes. Then transfer the fish head and Chinese Sauerkraut to the serving bowl.
- Use low heat. Add the sliced fish meat in the wok. After put all of them in the wok. Turn the stove to a medium temperature. When the water is boiling again, turn off fire and transfer the fish meat and soup to the serving bowl as well. Serve immediately.