- 100 g Wheat flour
- 30 g Cornstarch
- 350 g shrimp
- 40 g Carrot
- 40 g Chinese water chestnut (if you cannot get this ingredient, you can use other vegetable you like.)
- 1 teaspoon White sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger juice
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
Note: if you don’t have time to make dumpling wrapper, you can buy them in the shop. So you can skip step 8~ step 12.
- Put fresh shrimps in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Chop up the 2/3 shrimp meat. And cut 1/3 shrimp meat into small sections.
- Chop up the 2/3 carrot and Chinese water chestnut. Cut the 1/3 carrot into sliced.
- Gather the chopped shrimp meant, chopped carrot and Chinese water chestnut in a bowl. Mix them and then 1 teaspoon salt, white sugar and ginger juice. Mix all of them again. In order to better tasty, I advice you can drop the mixture down from above for about 30 times.
- Add 1 teaspoon peanut oil and mix them evenly. Put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the shrimp meat out of the fridge and put the small sections shrimp meant in the bowl as well. Mix them.
- Split cornstarch into two parts. One is 10 gram and another one is 20 gram.
- Get a big bowl and put wheat flour, 10 gram cornstarch with 1 teaspoon salt in it. Using chopsticks to mix them and meanwhile pour 3/4 cup hot water in the bowl slowly.
- Start kneading. Put the left cornstarch into the bowl in three separate.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and mix them. Cover with a damp cloth for 20 minutes.
- Take a little part of the dough. forming it into a ball. roll it using a rolling pin.
- Add proper amount of the shrimp meant mixture.
- Dampen the edge of the wrapper with water: Dip your finger in the bowl of water and run it around the edge of the dumpling. This will help it to seal closed.
- Put the sliced carrot on the steaming frame. Then put the dumplings on the sliced carrot.
- After the water is boiling, then use medium to high heat steaming for about 5 minutes. Then turn off the fire and wait for about 5~6 minutes. Serve.
- Dipping vinegar when eating them is my favorite. You can try.