- 600 g lotus root
- 100 g glutinous rice
- 50 g sweet scented osmanthus syrup
- 70 g crystal sugar
- Prepare the lotus root.
- Peel the lotus root and cut off the head.
- Wash the glutinous rice.
- Make glutinous rice stuffed in lotus root’s tubes. You can use chopsticks to help you finish this step.
- Place the small “lid” back to cover the cut end, in exactly the position it originally was. Use 6 to 8 toothpicks to seal the “lid”.
- Put the lotus root into pressure cooker then add crystal sugar and 30 g sweet scented osmanthus syrup as well. Don’t forget to add some water into the pressure cooker (make sure the water can cover the lotus root). Cook it for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the lotus root out from the pressure cooker and cut it into pieces. Prepare another small bowl and add 20 g sweet scented osmanthus syrup (you also can use honey to replace it) and little warm water, mix them.
- Put the lotus root on a plate. Pour the mixture over it. Serve warm or cold.